I love quotes and sayings especially inspirational quotes for recovery. Recovery is a journey that transforms your entire life and person. You feel great, look great, and grow into a proud, sober individual. Completely different from who you were in active addiction. If you are having trouble adjusting to recovery, do not worry. Many people feel uncomfortable at first, we are adapting to a new way of life. Take a look at these inspirational quotes and they may just give you that feeling of comfort that you need. Quotes can inspire and empower a person which is what you need. As recovering addicts, we expect instant gratification. We just have to learn that is not the way of the world. All that being said, one of these inspirational quotes for recovery might be just what you need to hear. Sit back and take it in. Recovery is an amazing, never-ending ride.
Top 20 Inspirational Recovery Quotes
A few of these quotes are from me (6, 7, 8) but, the vast majority I have found over the years. If the quote has an author, recognition was given. If not, the author is unknown. Please give credit where credit is due. Thanks!
1. Recovery is the bridge between who you used to be and who you have BECOME.
2. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives. – Louise L. Hay
3. You were born to be real, not perfect.
4. For what it’s worth: It’s never too late to be who you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start over. – F. Scott Fitzgerald
5. You don’t know me, I put back my pieces differently. – Word Porn
6. Scars, tattoos, stretch marks are all memories. They are the undeniable proof that you are living life.
7. Every living thing wants to live.
8. Be thankful for the day when you realize enough is enough. It is the moment that will change your life and those around you.
9. Falling down is an accident, staying down is a choice.10. The fears we don’t face become our limits.
10. The fears we don’t face become our limits.
11. Healing doesn’t mean the damage never existed. It means the damage no longer controls our lives.
12. She has been through hell so, believe me, when I say, fear her when she looks into a fire and smiles. -E. Corona
13. What screws us up most in life is the picture in our head of how it’s supposed to be.
14. Was it a bad day? Or was it a bad five minutes that you milked all day?
15. I am letting go of the old me to become who I was created to be. – creativebrandista.com
16. When everything seems like it’s falling apart. That’s God putting it together exactly the way he wants it. – Curiano.com
17. One day it just clicks: You realize what’s important and what isn’t. You learn to care less about what other people think about you and more about what you think of yourself. You realize how far you’ve come and you remember when you thought things were such a mess that you would never recover. And you smile. You smile because you are truly proud of yourself and the person you’ve fought to become. – tinybuddha.com
18. She asked God for the world. God placed it on her shoulders. I suppose that means it’s mine.
19. You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.
20. Never give up, never give in.
If you have more inspirational quotes for recovery that you want to see on this list, then let me know. Either drop it in the comment section below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. As for the quotes in the above list, I hope you got something from them. Their purpose was to inspire and empower you not only in your recovery but, in your entire life. These specific quotes make me feel unstoppable and bad ass. I hope they do the same for you.